Fort Lauderdale - Vacation Briefing
Located in the Sunshine State of Florida, Fort Lauderdale is a vibrant city known for its stunning beaches, lively nightlife, and picturesque canals. With over 3,000 hours of sunshine per year, this coastal paradise offers a year-round outdoor playground for visitors. Whether you're looking to relax on the golden sands, explore the diverse marine life through scuba diving and snorkeling, or indulge in shopping and dining along Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale has something for everyone.
Popular Sights in Fort Lauderdale
Things to do during your Fort Lauderdale vacation
Welcome to Fort Lauderdale, a vibrant city located in the sunny state of Florida! Known for its stunning beaches, bustling nightlife, and picturesque canals, Fort Lauderdale offers a wide range of activities for visitors of all ages. Whether you're looking to relax on the sandy shores, explore the city's rich history, or indulge in delicious cuisine, Fort Lauderdale has something for everyone.
- Fort Lauderdale Beach: Spend a day at the world-famous Fort Lauderdale Beach, soaking up the sun, swimming in the crystal-clear waters, and enjoying a variety of water sports.
- Las Olas Boulevard: Stroll along the charming Las Olas Boulevard, lined with stylish boutiques, art galleries, and excellent restaurants. Perfect for shopping and people-watching.
- Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District: Explore the lively Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District, featuring cultural attractions, theaters, museums, and beautiful waterfront views.
- Bonnet House Museum and Gardens: Visit the Bonnet House Museum and Gardens, a historic mansion surrounded by lush gardens. Take a guided tour and learn about the history and art collection.
- Everglades Holiday Park: Embark on an exciting airboat tour through the Everglades at Everglades Holiday Park. Get up close to alligators and other wildlife in their natural habitat.
- Museum of Discovery and Science: Discover the wonders of science and technology at the Museum of Discovery and Science. Enjoy interactive exhibits, an IMAX theater, and a flight simulator.
- Fort Lauderdale Swap Shop & Drive-In: Experience the nostalgic atmosphere of the Fort Lauderdale Swap Shop & Drive-In. Browse through the flea market, catch a movie at the drive-in, and enjoy delicious snacks.
- NSU Art Museum: Immerse yourself in contemporary and modern art at the NSU Art Museum. Explore the diverse exhibits, attend art lectures, and participate in educational programs.
- Butterfly World: Escape to a tropical paradise at Butterfly World, the largest butterfly park in the world. Walk through beautifully landscaped gardens and witness thousands of butterflies in flight.
- Sawgrass Mills: Shop 'til you drop at Sawgrass Mills, one of the largest outlet and value retail shopping destinations in the United States. Find great deals on designer brands.
Why you should visit Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, United States of America offers a decent overall experience for travelers.
While Fort Lauderdale has its safe areas, there are pockets of higher crime rates that can affect the overall safety of the destination.
While Fort Lauderdale has some cultural attractions like museums and historical sites, it may not offer as rich and diverse cultural experiences compared to other destinations.
Fort Lauderdale boasts a vibrant nightlife scene with numerous bars, restaurants, and nightclubs. There are plenty of entertainment options for those seeking a lively atmosphere.
While Fort Lauderdale offers some adventure activities like water sports and fishing, it may not be the most thrilling destination for adrenaline junkies seeking extreme adventures.
Fort Lauderdale offers beautiful beaches and opportunities for outdoor activities such as boating, fishing, and hiking. It provides a pleasant environment for relaxation.
Best time to visit Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale is a year-round destination, but the best time to visit is from November to April. With pleasant temperatures, low humidity, and minimal rainfall, this period offers ideal weather for exploring the city's beaches and outdoor attractions.
A guide To your first day of Fort Lauderdale vacation
- Start your day with a relaxing walk along the Fort Lauderdale Beach, enjoying the beautiful sunrise.
- Visit the Bonnet House Museum & Gardens, a stunning estate filled with art and nature.
- Take a leisurely boat tour along the Intracoastal Waterway, admiring the luxurious waterfront homes.
- Explore the vibrant Las Olas Boulevard, lined with shops, galleries, and delicious dining options.
- Indulge in a delicious seafood dinner at one of the waterfront restaurants in the picturesque Dania Beach area.
- Enjoy a live performance or a movie screening at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts.
- Experience the lively nightlife in downtown Fort Lauderdale, with its bars, clubs, and live music venues.
- Take a relaxing evening stroll along Riverwalk, a scenic waterfront promenade with stunning views.
How to get to Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale offers quick and convenient access through Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL). With frequent international flights, this major airport ensures hassle-free travel. Located just a short drive from the city center, it offers various transportation options for easy transfers or longer stays.
By other means
Traveling to Fort Lauderdale by public transport is effortless with a well-connected train and bus network. The city's tri-rail system connects to neighboring cities, making exploring the region a breeze. Additionally, Fort Lauderdale boasts a reliable bus service that covers major attractions and neighborhoods.
Tips for Booking Your Trip
Planning a trip can get tricky, right? Don't worry, we've got some solid advice to make your life easier. Here's how you can find flights and accommodations without a hitch.
Flights: How to Score the Best Deal
First things first, check out Google Flights. Their price calendar and nearby airport options are really useful. Found a good deal? Great, but hang on a sec—make sure you compare it with prices on Kayak, Skyscanner, Momondo, and Kiwi. A little research can go a long way.
Accommodation: Find Your Ideal Spot
For places to stay, start by scanning Booking.com and Airbnb to get an idea of what's out there. Then, level up your search by looking at Hostelworld and Agoda. Oh, and a quick tip: the hotel's own website might have some special offers, so give that a look too.
Ready to make some moves? The links you need are right below. Happy booking!
Best for travelers who are ...
Fort Lauderdale appeals to beach lovers, water sports enthusiasts, nature enthusiasts, art and culture lovers, and those seeking a lively nightlife.
How long to stay in Fort Lauderdale?
To fully experience Fort Lauderdale, a stay of about 3-5 days is recommended. This allows you to enjoy the beaches, explore the canals, visit museums and attractions, and indulge in the local dining and nightlife scene.
If you're already in Fort Lauderdale, United States of America you might want to consider visiting these nearby destinations: