Davao - Vacation Briefing
Davao is a bustling and diverse city located in the southern part of the Philippines. It is known for its rich cultural heritage, stunning natural landscapes, and warm hospitality. With its beautiful beaches, towering mountains, and lush rainforests, Davao offers a wide range of outdoor activities such as hiking, snorkeling, and wildlife spotting. The city also boasts a vibrant local food scene, with an abundance of fresh seafood and exotic fruits. Its bustling markets, colorful festivals, and friendly locals make it a must-visit destination for those seeking an authentic Filipino experience.
Popular Sights in Davao
Things to do during your Davao vacation
Davao is a vibrant city located in the southern region of the Philippines. Known as the 'Durian Capital' of the country, Davao offers a unique blend of rich cultural heritage, natural wonders, and exciting activities for visitors to enjoy. Whether you're a nature lover, adventure seeker, or a food enthusiast, Davao has something for everyone.
- Mount Apo: Embark on a thrilling hike to the highest peak in the Philippines and enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes.
- Philippine Eagle Center: Explore the conservation center dedicated to the preservation of the majestic Philippine Eagle and learn about the efforts to protect this endangered species.
- Eden Nature Park: Escape the city and immerse yourself in the lush greenery of Eden Nature Park. Enjoy activities such as ziplining, hiking, and horseback riding amidst a serene and picturesque setting.
- Island Hopping: Hop on a boat and explore the stunning islands surrounding Davao. Discover pristine beaches, go snorkeling or diving, and indulge in delicious seafood.
- People's Park: Visit the beautifully landscaped People's Park and relax amidst its gardens, sculptures, and colorful fountains. Don't miss the iconic durian-shaped dome.
- Malagos Garden Resort: Take a tour of this eco-friendly resort and enjoy its butterfly sanctuary, interactive bird show, and the chance to taste their famous Malagos chocolate.
- Crocodile Park: Get up close and personal with these fascinating creatures at the Crocodile Park. Experience feeding sessions and learn about crocodile conservation.
- Davao Chinatown: Immerse yourself in the vibrant Chinese culture at Davao's Chinatown. Explore the bustling streets, indulge in Chinese cuisine, and shop for souvenirs.
- Davao River Rafting: Experience the adrenaline rush of river rafting along the rapids of Davao River. Enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding scenery as you navigate the waters.
- Davao Night Market: Discover a wide array of local products and street food at the bustling Davao Night Market. Enjoy the lively atmosphere and try the popular durian candy.
- Museo Dabawenyo: Learn about the rich history and culture of Davao at Museo Dabawenyo. Explore its exhibits showcasing artifacts and artworks from the region.
Why you should visit Davao
Davao, Philippines is a moderately desirable destination with a mix of positives and negatives.
Davao has some safety concerns, with reported crime rates and occasional political instability. Visitors should exercise caution and be aware of their surroundings.
Davao has a rich cultural heritage with museums, historical sites, and diverse cuisines. Visitors can explore the unique traditions and customs of the region.
Davao offers a decent nightlife scene with a variety of bars and clubs, but it may not be as vibrant as other popular destinations.
Adventure enthusiasts can enjoy activities like mountain climbing, zip-lining, and exploring the nearby natural wonders. Davao offers thrilling experiences for those seeking adventure.
Davao is known for its beautiful beaches, hiking trails, and natural attractions, providing ample opportunities for relaxation and tranquility.
Best time to visit Davao
Davao, Philippines offers pleasant weather and a range of activities throughout the year. However, for those seeking fewer crowds and lower prices, the best time to visit is from December to February or June to August.
A guide To your first day of Davao vacation
- Visit the Philippine Eagle Center and witness the majestic national bird up close. Don't forget to bring your camera!
- Take a stroll along People's Park and enjoy the beautiful sculptures and colorful gardens.
- Explore the Davao Crocodile Park and learn about different species of crocodiles. Make sure to catch the crocodile feeding show!
- Visit the Malagos Garden Resort and experience their unique chocolate museum and tasting tour.
- Indulge in a delicious seafood dinner at Seagull Mountain Resort's floating restaurant.
- Enjoy the vibrant nightlife in Davao City by visiting local bars and clubs like Matina Town Square or Roxas Avenue Night Market.
- Embark on a thrilling night zipline adventure at Zip City in Ma-a. Feel the adrenaline rush as you glide through the dark night sky!
- Relax and unwind at Eden Nature Park's Sky Pavilion while overlooking the city lights of Davao. It's the perfect way to end the day.
How to get to Davao
Davao is served by Francisco Bangoy International Airport (DVO), which offers convenient connections to various domestic and international destinations. The airport provides a pleasant and efficient travel experience, with modern facilities and helpful staff. Visitors flying to Davao can easily reach the city center by taxi or pre-arranged transfers for a hassle-free start to their journey.
By other means
While Davao doesn't have a train station, it is well-connected to other cities in the Philippines through a reliable and extensive bus network. Buses offer a comfortable and affordable way to travel to Davao, with frequent departures from major cities like Manila and Cebu. Travelers can sit back and enjoy scenic views as they make their way to this vibrant destination.
Tips for Booking Your Trip
Planning a trip can get tricky, right? Don't worry, we've got some solid advice to make your life easier. Here's how you can find flights and accommodations without a hitch.
Flights: How to Score the Best Deal
First things first, check out Google Flights. Their price calendar and nearby airport options are really useful. Found a good deal? Great, but hang on a sec—make sure you compare it with prices on Kayak, Skyscanner, Momondo, and Kiwi. A little research can go a long way.
Accommodation: Find Your Ideal Spot
For places to stay, start by scanning Booking.com and Airbnb to get an idea of what's out there. Then, level up your search by looking at Hostelworld and Agoda. Oh, and a quick tip: the hotel's own website might have some special offers, so give that a look too.
Ready to make some moves? The links you need are right below. Happy booking!
Best for travelers who are ...
Nature lovers, adventure seekers, and cultural enthusiasts
How long to stay in Davao?
To fully appreciate Davao, we recommend staying for at least 3 to 5 days.
Similar destination to Davao, Philippines
Because Davao is known for nature,relaxation,beach,culture,adventure and food these destinations might be a good fit for you: