Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh - Vacation Briefing
Sharm El Sheikh, located on the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt, is a tropical paradise renowned for its breathtaking beauty and vibrant marine life. With its pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and stunning coral reefs, it is a dream destination for divers, snorkelers, and nature enthusiasts. Beyond the underwater wonders, Sharm El Sheikh offers a charming blend of ancient culture and modern luxury. Visitors can explore ancient Bedouin villages, indulge in luxurious spas, and experience vibrant nightlife. Whether you seek relaxation, adventure, or cultural immersion, Sharm El Sheikh has it all!
Popular Sights in Sharm El Sheikh
Things to do during your Sharm El Sheikh vacation
Sharm El Sheikh is a popular tourist destination located on the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt. With its beautiful beaches, crystal clear waters, and vibrant coral reefs, it is a haven for divers and snorkelers. In addition to its stunning natural beauty, Sharm El Sheikh also offers a range of activities for all types of travelers.
- Ras Mohammed National Park: Visit the stunning Ras Mohammed National Park, known for its abundant marine life and colorful corals. Go snorkeling or diving to explore the underwater wonders.
- Naama Bay: Spend a relaxing day at Naama Bay, the heart of Sharm El Sheikh. Enjoy sunbathing, swimming, and trying out delicious seafood at the local restaurants.
- Quad Biking: Experience the thrill of quad biking through the desert. Explore the rugged landscape and enjoy the adrenaline rush as you speed through the dunes.
- Camel Ride: Go on a traditional camel ride and explore the desert like a Bedouin. Enjoy the peacefulness of the vast sandy landscape as you ride through the golden dunes.
- Dolphin Show: Watch a mesmerizing dolphin show at one of the entertainment parks in Sharm El Sheikh. Marvel at the agility and intelligence of these amazing creatures.
- Old Market: Visit the bustling Old Market, a vibrant and colorful market filled with shops selling textiles, spices, handmade jewelry, and souvenirs. Immerse yourself in the local culture and enjoy haggling for unique items.
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour: Take a glass bottom boat tour and admire the vibrant coral reefs without getting wet! See the diverse marine life through the glass bottom and learn about the ecosystem from knowledgeable guides.
- St. Catherine's Monastery: Embark on a day trip to the historic St. Catherine's Monastery, located at the foot of Mount Sinai. Marvel at the ancient architecture and explore the rich religious history of the area.
- Water Sports: Try out various water sports such as jet skiing, parasailing, and windsurfing. Take advantage of the favorable weather conditions and enjoy the adrenaline-pumping activities on offer.
- Nightlife: Experience Sharm El Sheikh's vibrant nightlife scene. Dance the night away at lively clubs or enjoy live music performances at beachside bars, creating unforgettable memories.
- Bedouin Dinner: Enjoy a traditional Bedouin dinner under the starry desert sky. Experience Bedouin hospitality, savor delicious local cuisine, and immerse yourself in the culture with live music and entertainment.
Why you should visit Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt is a popular tourist destination known for its beautiful beaches and vibrant coral reefs. However, there are some factors that may affect the overall desirability of the destination.
The safety rating for Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt is relatively low due to occasional political unrest and terrorism threats in the region. Travelers are advised to stay updated on travel advisories and take necessary precautions.
While Sharm El Sheikh has some cultural attractions like historical sites and museums, it is primarily known for its natural beauty rather than its rich cultural heritage. The local food and cultural diversity can still be experienced to some extent.
Sharm El Sheikh offers a decent nightlife scene with various bars, clubs, and entertainment options. However, it may not be as vibrant and diverse as some other popular nightlife destinations.
Although Sharm El Sheikh offers water activities like diving and snorkeling, the options for other adventurous activities are relatively limited compared to some other destinations. However, the natural landscape and marine life still make it worthwhile for adventure enthusiasts.
Sharm El Sheikh is renowned for its relaxing atmosphere and stunning beaches. Visitors can enjoy sunbathing, snorkeling, and diving in the crystal-clear waters of the Red Sea. The destination provides ample opportunities for relaxation and rejuvenation.
Best time to visit Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt is a destination worth considering all year round. However, the best time to visit is from November to March, when the weather is pleasant, and the crowds are fewer.
A guide To your first day of Sharm El Sheikh vacation
- Enjoy a relaxing swim at Naama Bay Beach
- Visit the stunning Ras Mohammed National Park for snorkeling and diving
- Take a desert safari and experience thrilling dune bashing
- Explore the famous SOHO Square for shopping, dining, and entertainment
- Enjoy a delicious seafood dinner at one of the beachside restaurants
- Watch a lively traditional Egyptian folk dance performance at Alf Leila Wa Leila
- Experience the vibrant nightlife at Pacha Sharm El Sheikh
- Relax with a drink and live music at the Hard Rock Cafe
How to get to Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh Airport (SSH) is the main airport serving the city, with frequent international flights from major hubs like Cairo, Istanbul, and Dubai. It's conveniently located just 20 minutes away from the city center, making it an ideal choice for travelers. Upon arrival, taxis and hotel shuttles are readily available for a hassle-free transfer.
- Check direct connections to SSH Airport
- Check direct connections to CAI Airport
- Check direct connections to IST Airport
- Check direct connections to DXB Airport
By other means
Public transport in Sharm El Sheikh mainly consists of taxis and local buses. Taxis are the most convenient option for getting around the city and are readily available at the airport and major tourist areas. Local buses are also available, offering an affordable way to explore the city and nearby attractions.
Tips for Booking Your Trip
Planning a trip can get tricky, right? Don't worry, we've got some solid advice to make your life easier. Here's how you can find flights and accommodations without a hitch.
Flights: How to Score the Best Deal
First things first, check out Google Flights. Their price calendar and nearby airport options are really useful. Found a good deal? Great, but hang on a sec—make sure you compare it with prices on Kayak, Skyscanner, Momondo, and Kiwi. A little research can go a long way.
Accommodation: Find Your Ideal Spot
For places to stay, start by scanning Booking.com and Airbnb to get an idea of what's out there. Then, level up your search by looking at Hostelworld and Agoda. Oh, and a quick tip: the hotel's own website might have some special offers, so give that a look too.
Ready to make some moves? The links you need are right below. Happy booking!
Best for travelers who are ...
Sharm El Sheikh appeals to beach lovers, adventure seekers, divers, nature enthusiasts, and those interested in exploring the local culture.
How long to stay in Sharm El Sheikh?
To fully enjoy the beauty and attractions of Sharm El Sheikh, it is recommended to stay for at least 5-7 days. This allows enough time for diving or snorkeling adventures, beach relaxation, exploring historic sites, and experiencing the vibrant nightlife.
Similar destination to Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Because Sharm El Sheikh is known for nature,relaxation,beach,sightseeing and adventure these destinations might be a good fit for you:
Relax and explore the timeless beauty of Djerba
Relax and unwind in Egypt's beautiful coastal city
A desert paradise on the Red Sea
Paradise by the Red Sea
If you're already in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt you might want to consider visiting these nearby destinations: